Sunday, August 15, 2021

The winter birds are already here. So are the dead trees.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

Mid-August, and the winter birds are already here. So are the dead trees.

I refuse nihilism, but despair is harder. I'm struggling right now, because there is literally no answer for the land without drilling the new well. There's no new well without a smooth $15-20K in sales. And there are no sales if I can't put in the work, but the pain and fatigue are flattening me now.

Next month, I need to have a talk with my doctor. Not my usual "I'm fine" bullshit; real talk. About the excruciating pain in my hips and ankles and hands, about the constant subluxations of my joints, about the fact that everything is being made worse because the pain is keeping me from sleeping, about . . . what? What is there to do about it to keep it from worsening even more? I am terribly afraid that this is my permanent new normal, and that this is the best I will ever see again in terms of functionality, and the rage that this went untreated and dismissed for a quarter of a century is rivaled only by the grief for all the things I now know I will never do, all the opportunities lost forever. And I can't even process it, because I have to push everything down to make sales, and there's always something or someone else demanding money. 

I can't do this alone. 

Wings has A LOT of new work, and I'd be grateful to everyone who shares all of it, and of course, if you're in the market, keep us in mind for purchases. After paying our taxes the last week plus some other bills, I really do need to build up some reserves to get us just a tiny bit ahead of the eight-ball of bills.

I did get Wings's brand new ring up, posted here Saturday, and the other new cuff, up two days ago, is here. You do want to see all the images of that one, too. We still have to make it through the month, never mind the rest of the year, and there are also far too many folks who need help (which we did the other day and will be doing more of next week, in addition to having to pay for the farrier and for a firewood delivery; fall's here already). Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please watch for all of it and share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                    

No comments :

Post a Comment