Sunday, March 5, 2023

Did I mention that I hate this time of year?

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

You can't really tell unless you look at the slant of the small evergreen on the right behind the standing stone, but the winds are absolutely brutal. I hate this time of year; it's nothing but abject misery for me. And no, it's nothing to do with "doshas" or "vibes"; of all the weather phenomena in existence, the absolute worst for my illness is wind, and I have three months of this nonsense to look forward to, which means three months of untreatable and ever-worsening pain to look forward to, as well.

Did I mention that I hate this time of year?

I mean, it's not as though my illness is progressing or anything anyway (that's sarcasm; it is progressing, rapidly, and I don't know what it means for my level of function here on in). All I know right now is that the pain is endless and nothing works (it would work, if this country weren't so fucking punitive, but it refuses to allow me what will actually help my pain so here we are). Do not mention MMJ to me; I can't take it, and if it works for you, I'm happy for you, but seriously, some of us have bad physical reactions to it and I don't need my condition to be made worse than it already is. [ISTG, the pot crowd is as conversionist as Christian missionaries, and just as colonizing.]

Yeah, not a good day. Especially when I know it's the weather conditions making so unbearable are here to stay at least through May, and I also know that at the baseline, it's worsening anyway. I have no idea at what point I need to start worrying about organ damage, but I did just find out that one of my supplements, one that every microbiome-evangelist is pushing now for everything, but especially autoimmune diseases? Is actually contraindicated specifically for me, for lupus, because it converts into something that causes increased joint/tissue damage, increased organ damage, and increased early mortality. Yes, specifically in lupus patients. 

So that's been fun. Also, now that I'm off it, I've also lost the slight bit of energy and focus benefits it was giving me, and I don't know if what's going to replace it (on order; not here yet) will have that capability anyway. I'm so tired, so tired of pain, and it's not going to get better, and I just want to cry and I can't, because if I start I won't stop.

And then there's all the other stuff. As I've been saying, I don't know how much you'll see of me beyond the daily stuff this month at all, but especially these first two weeks, because I'm completely swamped right now, and will remain that way until the tax stuff is off my desk for the year. But there's always work to be done, and I do still have to make sales consistently. I'm now back on track on sales (! although I'll need to bring in. another before Saturday, obviously, to stay that way), because as always, I still need to bring in one sale a week for us to break even. 

And we have new work coming!  There's another cuff in the offing (amethyst), plus a casual necklace and a bolo (both turquoise, in very different styles), all three pieces possibly as early as today. I also got Wings's newest ring posted a cuple of weeks ago, and more importantly, I got that incredible new collar-style necklace up, here (and you need to see it, all of it, all of the photos of all five pendants and the beads). It's extraordinary, and it's looking for its home. I also got the last new cuff, pendant, and earrings posted a last week, here; the pendant is sold, but the other two remain available for immediate purchase (and they're both ::wow::). All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now:

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.         

No comments :

Post a Comment