Sunday, March 12, 2023

That's all we got.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Lots of breathless forecasting about precipitation.  Lots of clouds hugging the peaks. Down here?

That's all we got.

There's a lot of green sprouting now, though, which means no more pasture excursions for Miika [green is sweet, meaning high-carb, and she cannot have the sweet stuff]. And there's pollen EVERYWHERE. It's at a level we shouldn't have until late April, but that's been the way of things for five years now, so I don't think we're getting "normal" again anytime soon. Like probably not in our lifetimes.

Everything is going to be limited and late for the foreseeable. It's not just the tax stuff, although there's that; not just the need to chase sales, although there's that, too. No, the bigger problem right now is my illness, and the way that it's progressing, suddenly lightning-fast (and this is why I can't have any more vaccines, because they jack that into the stratosphere, and I'm dealing with the end game of it now). You would think the immediate problem would be knees and feet, sine both are giving me so much trouble that walking is very, very difficult, but no. The bigger problem is my hands. When they finally decided that my ANA showed enough for a lupus DX (and to be fair, this time my ANA pattern was off the lupus charts), they also noted that it showed some rheumatoid arthritis patterning. that was three years ago. For the last six weeks or so, I've been having even bigger problems with my hands than usual, and yesterday they seemed to have come to a decision of sorts: The middle knuckles of my first and fourth fingers on my left hand are hugely swollen and painful, classic for RA nodules; on the right (my dominant hand), the middle finger that has seemed to be descending into a variant of trigger-finger syndrome has decided just to blow up shit. It's a full-on contracture now, a contracture that's trying it's damnedest to spread to my remaining fingers, thumb, wrist, forearm, and elbow. The knuckle is also grossly swollen, again a classic for RA symptoms, and I think the idiopathic autoimmune inflammatory arthritis I've had forever (literally, since childhood) has decided to convert to the rheumatoid variety. RA and lupus are the two that most commonly develop together, so it's no big surprise, but at the moment, I can't really use my right hand for, well, much of anything at all, so everything's slow and late and the lateness is made worse by this goddamned colonizer time change that destroys my sleep patterns for another six or seven months, at least.

So, yeah, you'll see me here and the usual places, but not really participatory.  Just typing takes everything out of me right now.

But we have new work! The bolo is done, and it's here, and it's fabulous. [It's also today's featured work at The NDN Silver Blog.] There's another cuff (amethyst), plus a casual necklace and a bolo (both turquoise, in very different styles). I posted those a few nights ago, here and here. I also got Wings's newest ring posted a few weeks ago, and more importantly, I got that incredible new collar-style necklace up, here (and you need to see it, all of it, all of the photos of all five pendants and the beads). It's extraordinary, and it's looking for its home. I also got the last new cuff, pendant, and earrings posted two weeks ago, here; the pendant is sold, but the other two remain available for immediate purchase (and they're both ::wow::). All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now:

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          

No comments :

Post a Comment