Friday, March 10, 2023

Prairie-dog season.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

It's butts-in-the-air season, obviously. Otherwise known as prairie-dog season. 

We've had one fight already this morning; Cricket caught one, ate what he wanted, went to bury the rest . . . and Sunny decided to stake it out. You know, just waiting for Cricket to bury it and go, so he could swoop in and dig it up. That, of course, was never gonna fly with Cricket, and by the time I got out there, Wings had already roared at them so loudly that the pups were running toward me. Sunny had blood on his neck, apparently not his, and apparently not Cricket's (and Stormy wasn't involved), so presumably it's the late and unlamented prairie dog's. Either way, it was a mess. Now, they're all friends again, all staking out the holes in the south field together.

At least we had clouds and a little warming trend up until the last half-hour or so; now, the damn winds are back. Supposedly rain and/or snow tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday, but who knows? Wind and dust and pollen are everywhere, and my symptoms are not going to get any better as long as we're dealing with this nonsense.

Then again, they're probably not going to get any better anyway. That was covered in yesterday's post, and I'm not feeling much like repeating it all again; if you really want to know, you can find it there. 

All I know is I'm tired, and I feel like crap.

Meanwhile, the things I need to get done are piling up, continually. As I've been saying, I don't know how much you'll see of me beyond the daily stuff this month at all, but especially these first two weeks, because I'm completely swamped right now, and will remain that way until the tax stuff is off my desk for the year. But there's always work to be done, and I do still have to make sales consistently. I'm now back on track on sales (! although I'll need to bring in another by tomorrow, obviously, to stay that way), because as always, I still need to bring in one sale a week for us to break even. 

And we have new work! There's another cuff (amethyst), plus a casual necklace and a bolo (both turquoise, in very different styles). I posted the first two a few nights ago, here  and here; the bolo might be done tomorrow (or not). I also got Wings's newest ring posted a couple of weeks ago, and more importantly, I got that incredible new collar-style necklace up, here (and you need to see it, all of it, all of the photos of all five pendants and the beads). It's extraordinary, and it's looking for its home. I also got the last new cuff, pendant, and earrings posted a last week, here; the pendant is sold, but the other two remain available for immediate purchase (and they're both ::wow::). All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now:

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          

No comments :

Post a Comment