Friday, March 24, 2023

Turbulence.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

This was what chased us home today. We had an early doctor's appointment for Wings (nothing serious; just injections for pain and a referral for something different for his knees), but then there were all the other errands, including the once-every-couple-of-months trip to Albertson's to stock up on enough to last us for a good long while.

It's a blessing to be able to do it. Walking around that big store on those hard floors is also murder on my body. I'm in so much pain right now I'm almost numb — not to the pain, not in the slightest, but my brain and soul are numb. I literally can barely walk, and I don't know what to do anymore with this level of pain and dysfunction.

Of course, the weather just makes that worse. It's less to do with the barometric pressure than it is with the wild swings between warmth and bitter, brutal cold (we had the former this morning and the latter now), and more than anything else, these godawful destructive winds. If we'd gotten that storm, I would actually have felt better, but instead it went around us to the south, meaning that we got all the murderous turbulence of the winds and only a couple of hundred snowflakes.

Turbulence is a good word for everything going on right now. I need to get through the next three weeks, and then I'm just going to . . . stop. Oh, I'll do the bare minimum, but that's it.  I'm so tired, and my body can't take this anymore.

And there's so much more in the pipeline, just waiting. I still need to get the tax stuff finished and turned over. I also need to be able to focus on making sales. 

But as I keep saying, we have new work! The bolo is done, and it's here, and it's fabulous. There's another cuff (amethyst), plus a casual necklace and a bolo (both turquoise, in very different styles). I posted those last week, here and here. I also got Wings's newest ring posted a few weeks ago, and more importantly, I got that incredible new collar-style necklace up, here (and you need to see it, all of it, all of the photos of all five pendants and the beads). It's extraordinary, and it's looking for its home. I also got the last new cuff, pendant, and earrings posted two weeks ago, here; the pendant is sold, but the other two remain available for immediate purchase (and they're both ::wow::). And speaking of which, I may have five new pieces as early as tonight, a cuff, a ring, and three pairs of earrings. Or not. I'm so far behind now, I'll be lucky to get the usual stuff done. We'll see. Anyway, all of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (the Zero-Odor sprays are the priority right now; the house smells constantly of wet dog at the moment, and we can't get these locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          


No comments :

Post a Comment