Monday, August 7, 2023

Haze everywhere.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

That was earlier this morning: bright and sunny and mostly cloudless . . . except for the giant smoke plume to the west, and haze everywhere.

It's a particularly nasty haze, too, probably because in addition to all the regular forest-fire smoke, we're getting smoke from structures up by Jicarilla, and especially toxic smoke from the recycling-plant fire in Albuquerque. There's also a fourth area fire as of tis morning, this one up in San Juan County. All but the recycling plant (meaning the one at Jicarilla, the one in the Jemez, and the one in San Juan) are reported as being lightning starts, but there's been no lightning for a week, and that's also what they said, initially, about al three of last year's megafires, thinking they could cover up the federal negligence that was the real cause of each of them. So, trust? Yeah, not a thing.

But the smoke haze is really worsening my illness: sinus problems, sore throat, burning eyes headache, extreme amping up of full-body joint pain and connective-tissue subluxes and tears along with it, which means walking is even more difficult than my new normal now. It's pure misery, and I can't take any time away from the all-out push for sales now. And nothing's working. I can't make sales to save our lives, and I don't know what to do anymore. I have to bring in sales; that's non-negotiable. But nobody's buying.

The other day I posted Wings's newest two works, here, both at lower price points than is usual for him. I also posted his newest gemstone-bead trio a week ago, here. He's got new earrings in the works, too. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and now we are quite literally at the point of not being able to make it, never mind the dental stuff (he's unilaterally decided to push that back yet again). I don't have any way to solve that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below (with new health-related priorities on the wishlist), so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new priorities: one case of O2 cannulas, because I'm almost out, and one case of saline, because I'm newly allergic to my old one and I can almost never find this brand locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment