Sunday, August 27, 2023

I don't have any margin left.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Clouds building. The forecast suggests a small but decent chance this evening, but who knows.

The problem with these up-and-down weather patterns is that it sends my pain levels all the way off the charts. I'm struggling today, and it's not just physically; when this kind of pain is this inescapable, it ruins my brain, as well. And I don't have time for that. I don't have any margin left, on any front.

As I said last Monday, I managed to get two big things paid the prior week, and we paid the third big one then (but it was over $100 more than I was expecting, thanks to rates raised drastically since last year). I thought we'd be okay though the end of the month, but I didn't realize that I would need to re-order Miika's meds the other day. And with my Patreon down by a few hundred a month coupled with the platform's carelessness in switching to a new payment processor without notifying anyone (and thereby causing a lot of banks to label the whole platform as fraudulent), it seems that I can probably expect a much lower payout yet on September first. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months. A LOT. I really need to make another sale this weekend. If I could just sell Friday's featured work, that would take care of the rest of this month, and most, probably all, of next month too.

As I've also been saying, there's a lot of new work on the site: Last week, I posted Wings's six new works (2 rings; 4 pairs of earrings [one of which is sold]); all items share the same price point, $425 each. And, of course, there are the new gemstone bead trios, one completed just the other day and featured here. The other night, I got the new cuff posted here, and it's incredible (and it's last Wednesday's feature, too); selling that alone would do a lot right now. He also has several new pairs of earrings in the design and early creation stages, probably a half-dozen or so. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and now we are quite literally at the point of not being able to make it if we can't keep pace weekly with steady sales (never mind the dental stuff; he's unilaterally decided to push that back yet again). Given the Patreon mess and my health issues, I don't have any way to solve any of that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavilable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                  

No comments :

Post a Comment