Monday, August 21, 2023

More hot dry wind.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Pretty skies this morning. More like late October than late-middle August, though. I noticed this morning, too, that the trees across the highway faded drastically overnight; a lot more yellow and gold than yesterday.

We've still got scattered cloud cover, but it's unlikely to produce anything except more hot dry wind. Also more fire nearby, and therefore more smoke, which is why everything in the photo is so hazy.

I managed to get two big things paid last week, and we paid the third big one today (over $100 more than I was expecting, thanks to rates raised drastically since last year). I think  we'll be okay though the end of the month, but with my Patreon down by a few hundred a month coupled with the platform's carelessness in switching to a new payment processor without notifying anyone (and thereby causing a lot of banks to label the whole platform as fraudulent), it seems that I can probably expect a much lower payout yet on September first. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months.

As I've been saying, there's a lot of new work on the site: Last week, I posted Wings's six new works (2 rings; 4 pairs of earrings [one of which is sold]); all items share the same price point, $425 each. And, of course, there are the new gemstone bead trios, one completed just yesterday and featured here. The other night, I got the new cuff posted here, and it's incredible; selling that alone would do a lot right now. He also has several new pairs of earrings in the design stages. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and now we are quite literally at the point of not being able to make it if we can't keep pace weekly with steady sales (never mind the dental stuff; he's unilaterally decided to push that back yet again). Given the Patreon mess and my health issues, I don't have any way to solve any of that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavilable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment