Tuesday, August 1, 2023

New month, and not a drop.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

All these beautiful clouds this morning. New month, and not a drop of rain so far. Not a drop of the other kind of rain, either. Most of the clouds have moved out now, too, so I don't know whether we'll get a repeat of the evening storms fo the last couple of nights or not. Last night's was a lot smaller, but at least it was rain.

I'm so glad July is behind us, but August is not starting in a way that inspires confidence. It's all the stresses of the dental stuff, the bureaucracy, my own medical condition, everything else . . . and, of course, the finances. One sale all of last month, and that's not nearly enough to cover things, especially with my Patreon down over $300 a month (down over $400 this month, but I expect that part of it will change; the other $300+ seems to be gone for good). 

I had hoped against hope that I could make some sales over the weekend, but it was not to be, and now we are in a hole. Yes, I know, had we not helped other folks out last month, we would be better off, but some folks need helping in the moment, and that was the case here; when someone's family member is injured near-fatally, you help if you can. But that leaves me now trying to figure out how to cover that which is uncoverable, at the moment. I am housebound, most likely, for at least the next two weeks, maybe all month, courtesy of this new and ridiculously costly protocol. And the stress of all of it combined is breaking me.

I still have to come up with a way to pay for everything else we're facing, from medical bills to regular monthly expenses to quarterly tax prepayments (and I've missed the first two quarters already, obvs). I need to boost my Patreon subscriptions back up, too, but I can't even commit anymore to daily posting there, because my health is suffering. Oh, I'll post tonight, at least something, but beyond that? It might be twice a week for a while; I just don't know. On top of all that, I'm hobbling from two days last week, plus Sunday and yesterday, having to walk too much on too-hard surfaces for too long, plus being exposed to people who refuse to mask and distance breathing all over me each time. The wheelchair issue has to wait because I have all this other stuff that needs to be covered, and I just can't do this.

And above all else, I have to bring in sales; that's non-negotiable. But nobody's buying.

The other day I posted Wings's newest two works, here, both at lower price points than is usual for him. I also posted his newest gemstone-bead trio a week ago, here. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and . . . the possibility of $25K. I don't have any way to solve that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment