Tuesday, August 8, 2023

What might generously be called "rain."

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

This is our current sky, right at this moment. It's dark enough to mask all the smoke haze that's a part of the cloud cover, unlike the earlier round of stormclouds today, which were a dirty brownish-gray.

And still, we've had two episodes of what might generously be called "rain" lasting fewer than five minutes each.

Certainly nowhere near enough for what the land needs, and none of the other kind, either. 

I felt so terrible yesterday that I couldn't sleep, and in desperation somewhere between 2 and 3 AM, I finally took a Benadryl. It knocked me out finally, and most of the sore throat and itchy eyes and other smoke-related sinus-y problems with it. Of course, my brain is foggier than ever because of it, but . . . I can't win. I also can't afford to take any time away from the all-out push for sales now, but here we are. Exactly two over the course of the summer so far, while the expenses and demands on our resources continue to mount, and nothing's working. Two sales over two months isn't enough to support us with the most basic expenses, never mind anyone or anything else, and I don't know what to do anymore. I have to bring in sales; that's non-negotiable. But nobody's buying. I need help.

The other day I posted Wings's newest two works, here, both at lower price points than is usual for him. I also posted his newest gemstone-bead trio a week ago, here. He's got new earrings in the works, too. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and now we are quite literally at the point of not being able to make it, never mind the dental stuff (he's unilaterally decided to push that back yet again). I don't have any way to solve that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below (with new health-related priorities on the wishlist), so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new priorities: one case of O2 cannulas, because I'm almost out, and one case of saline, because I'm newly allergic to my old one and I can almost never find this brand locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment