Thursday, August 3, 2023

Too old for this.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Yup, it's that time again. Cushing's means that Miika's hooves grow extra-fast, and given that her early years of neglect (before coming to us) have them growing the wrong way, we have to keep on top of it. Since we can no longer get hold of the farrier who does this kind of work, that means that Wings has to do it himself. We've been down this road before, with cree, so he knows exactly what needs to be done, but it's backbreaking labor. Today he's grinding off the excess front hoof and creating a breakover toe on each of the front; tomorrow he'll file and handle her frogs (very carefully, because her early damage left her with very thin, friable frogs). 

But man, we're getting too old for this shit.

These days, I'm feeling too old for pretty much everything. The pain, the fatigue, the insomnia, the inability to make any progress is swamping me now (along with all the expenses). I can literally feel the depression taking hold of my brain, and I know why, but knowing both doesn't do a damn thing to stop it, and it's not something you can just "positive-think" away. It's gonna do what it's gonna do, and I have to find a way to ride it out, but the inability to make any progress on a single front now, coupled with the unrelenting pain? Is making that damn near impossible.

This summer has been a nightmare across the board, I'm dealing with this stupid new miserable treatment protocol, and still have to come up with a way to pay for everything else we're facing, from medical bills to regular monthly expenses to quarterly tax prepayments (and I've missed the first two quarters already, obvs) to Wings's dental. [That last is up in the air now, because he's not willing to put us through the extended travel, and therefore added physical pain, that bureaucracy requires, which brings us back to square one all over again, so . . . I don't know what's going to happen.] I need to boost my Patreon subscriptions back up, too, but I can't even commit anymore to daily posting there, because my health is suffering. And the meds make me feel like I have the flu, which just adds to the difficulty now. The wheelchair issue has to wait because I have all this other stuff that needs to be covered, and I just can't do this.

And above all else, I have to bring in sales; that's non-negotiable. But nobody's buying.

The other day I posted Wings's newest two works, here, both at lower price points than is usual for him. I also posted his newest gemstone-bead trio a week ago, here. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and . . . the possibility of $25K. I don't have any way to solve that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment