Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Nothing else seems healthy, either.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

The first reds in the fire maple.

That's two months early; they don't normally start really changing until early October, and full red is closer to that month's end. But that assumes healthy trees and healthy soil, and now, thanks to all the damage of climate collapse, we have neither.

Nothing else seems healthy, either. Not the economy, not the country, not town or county, not what they're destroying with colonial overdevelopment and a refusal to do the bare minimum while COVID skyrockets yet again. Not my own health or our finances, either. I keep falling further and further behind, the pain so bad it keeps me awake endlessly, and then I'm too tired to focus properly in the daylight hours. I have two more weeks of this stupid protocol, the second half of it, and it's not going as well as the first half did, and I'm so discouraged. What works for other people always seems to have the opposite effect on me, and I'm afraid I'm undoing the good the first half did, despite the side effects. It hurts to sit, hurts to stand, hurts to walk, hurts to be.

I also need to make one more sale before month's end. Like, say, TODAY.

As I said last Monday, I managed to get two big things paid the prior week, and we paid the third big one then (but it was over $100 more than I was expecting, thanks to rates raised drastically since last year). I thought we'd be okay though the end of the month, but I didn't realize that I would need to re-order Miika's meds last week. And with my Patreon down by a few hundred a month coupled with the platform's carelessness in switching to a new payment processor without notifying anyone (and thereby causing a lot of banks to label the whole platform as fraudulent), it seems that I can probably expect a much lower payout yet on September first, and we have autopay items that come out that day (the discounts are too much not to keep them on autopay). It's been a horrible summer (horrible year, mostly) on seemingly every front, and I am at my wits' end trying to keep everything going. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months. A LOT. We're going to need to stock up on firewood very soon, and I have more medical stuff coming up next week, and I am so tired of trying to make the math work when there's absolutely no way. We need sales NOW. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavilable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                  

No comments :

Post a Comment