Wednesday, August 23, 2023

So everything's late.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

You might have thought all those clouds would have brought us something. Two dozen raindrops at a push; nothing more. It's dispiriting. The forecast for rain the rest of the week? yeah, that's what they originally said about every day since last Friday or so.

Faith is one thing; foolishness is another entirely.

And today's been a day, anyway. Yesterday was a marker; today had two (or three, if you count the one that involves the woman who stalked me with the aim of chasing me out of my life here, so that's always a fun reminder in addition to all the grief and loss). And today became, inadvertently, errand day (and also my first time leaving the house in more than three weeks, thanks to this medical protocol I've been on), and it tore apart the whole day.

So everything's late.  And I'm exhausted and sore all over.

But the work still has to get done. As I said on Monday, I managed to get two big things paid last week, and we paid the third big one then (but over $100 more than I was expecting, thanks to rates raised drastically since last year). I think  we'll be okay though the end of the month, but with my Patreon down by a few hundred a month coupled with the platform's carelessness in switching to a new payment processor without notifying anyone (and thereby causing a lot of banks to label the whole platform as fraudulent), it seems that I can probably expect a much lower payout yet on September first. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months. A LOT.

As I've been saying, there's a lot of new work on the site: Last week, I posted Wings's six new works (2 rings; 4 pairs of earrings [one of which is sold]); all items share the same price point, $425 each. And, of course, there are the new gemstone bead trios, one completed just the other day and featured here. The other night, I got the new cuff posted here, and it's incredible (and it's today's feature, too); selling that alone would do a lot right now. He also has several new pairs of earrings in the design stages, probably a half-dozen or so. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and now we are quite literally at the point of not being able to make it if we can't keep pace weekly with steady sales (never mind the dental stuff; he's unilaterally decided to push that back yet again). Given the Patreon mess and my health issues, I don't have any way to solve any of that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavilable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment