Wednesday, August 30, 2023

It's going to be a hard one.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Bright blue skies. Fall skies. No rain in the foreseeable future, which means we now have to look to winter. 

It's going to be a hard one, but not for the reasons people think.

Most people think a "hard winter" is one with deep cold and heavy snow. Here? That used to be called "normal"; now it would be a gift. Based on what we're reading (and seeing), though, it's unlikely. A hard winter here, a terrible one, is one that's warm, with no real snow. We've had too many of those.

A hard winter is also one without sales. Most of the year has been that way, so we're going into our so-called "busy season" already way down from where we need to be. Meanwhile, everything else is terrible, too — I fully expect Patreon's constant recent screwups to mean that my payout on Friday, already down more than $300 a month, will be down significantly more. Our expenses keep climbing, people keep needing help, and I have no income to counterbalance it, not even a break-even point. I'm canceling my medical appointment next week, because it's just not possible.

And I still need to make one more sale before month's end. Like TODAY.

It should be doable, but it doesn't seem to be. Later on today, I'll have two new pairs of earrings on offer; Wings is setting the stones right now. There's plenty of other new work in the site, too. But it's been a horrible summer (horrible year, mostly) on seemingly every front, and I am at my wits' end trying to keep everything going. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months. A LOT. We're going to need to stock up on firewood very soon, to say nothing of all the rest, and I am so tired of trying to make the math work when there's absolutely no way. My health isn't helping; migraine today on top of all the lupus and RA flaring, and precious little in the way of sleep. I don't have the capacity to chase them, but we need sales NOW. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavilable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                  

No comments :

Post a Comment