Thursday, August 27, 2026

It looks like foxfire.

Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.

That was this evening. It's not bioluminescence, no fireflies or magic; just the light of the sun through a faint haze of clouds, catching the green of the evergreens at the base of the peaks and setting them aflame. But it looks like foxfire.

We didn't get any rain out any of it today, so imagine our surprise when the rain started somewhere around nine o'clock this evening. I guess the eclipse brought us an unexpected gift.

Which is a good way to end what's been an otherwise terrible day, near the end of an equally horrible week. The truck is in the shop; we're unlikely to have it back before Monday. The current estimate is in excess of $1,600, and we've already given them half of that to order the parts. But this is work that should have been done two months ago, when we were without the truck for more than half a month on what should've been a basic job. 

On top of that, I'm on my second day of two bad subluxations, one hip and one wrist.  The former is bad, but the latter is killing me, because I can't do anything without use of my dominant hand, and the pain is absolutely murderous. I'm also now dealing with the side effects of doubling my usual steroid dose [which is a quarter of the dose I'm actually allowed, but the side effects are bad enough that I keep it as minimal as possible]. My chemo dose on Monday didn't seem to do much that was good for me, either, so on top of all the worsening and in some cases new symptoms, I don't even know if the meds are really working now. I'll have insomnia and a splitting headache tonight from the pred, though.

And there's no time for this crap. I've got to bring in a lot more sales and I can't even get enough time to chase them because of everything else. This year has been hellishly expensive already, and we've also got a couple of other big-ticket things to take care of this month, and that only happens if we make some sales now. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:

  • Sales here; 
  • Testimonials here; 
  • Amazon wishlist here [I'll be adding some new items soon, things we could really use but that I can't justify spending money on right now, like some sheets and towels];
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.
And we do still need to make those regular weekly sales, so please share all of the links. We really do need to get this year onto a better footing than the last two, a year that, so far, has been very grim.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.