Friday, August 28, 2026

Not a drop.

Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.

Beautiful rainclouds. Not a drop. 

If the radar map is accurate, that might change overnight, but so far, it's been bone-dry, despite all the indications and predictions to the contrary. Which is stupidly apt, given how expensive and awful on every front this week has been.

The truck will not be done before Monday at the earliest; we've been warned that it's likely to be Tuesday, and possibly even Wednesday. Given that we were without it for more than half a month when the first guy screwed it up, it's doubly irritating now. Irritated with him, to be clear, not with the folks fixing it properly now. If it does take that long, my guess is that it will be because they've found more damage, which in turn will mean more [probably much more] expense.

At least the steroids are beginning to have an effect on my forearm and wrist. The swelling has been slowly diminishing all day, although it's got a good way to go. Of course, the steroids have also inflicted their usual monstrous headache, so I can't win either way. I'm just so tired, of all of it. Pain is exhausting; never getting a moment's respite from it, more exhausting still [and I don't; not ever]; and having to deal with the kind of bullshit we are right now from other quarters is grinding me into dust.

And there's no time for this crap. I've got to bring in a lot more sales and I can't even get enough time to chase them because of everything else. This year has been hellishly expensive already, and we've also got a couple of other big-ticket things to take care of this month, and that only happens if we make some sales now. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:

  • Sales here; 
  • Testimonials here; 
  • Amazon wishlist here [I'll be adding some new items soon, things we could really use but that I can't justify spending money on right now, like some sheets and towels];
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.
And we do still need to make those regular weekly sales, so please share all of the links. We really do need to get this year onto a better footing than the last two, a year that, so far, has been very grim.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.