Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A day of contradictions, of joy and sadness and a severe storm bearing down on us now. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
This is what it looked like here this afternoon, all blue skies and puffy white clouds. Now, I'm unplugged from everything because the lightning is way too close to be safe otherwise, and we're being hammered with massive hail. In this tin can, it's about to break through the overhead vents and the jalousie windows.

It has been an amazing couple of days. Yesterday was difficult for all the reasons I gave then, but also a gift, thanks to our beloved Ono's efforts on our behalf and all the folks who pitched in. It continued this morning, which was a welcome distraction from today's date: One month ago today, I sent my beloved white horse on his way, and that big break in my heart opened up a little more today. Ice. I miss that boy more than I ever would've thought possible. 

For those wanting to know, I am still sick as hell, and that will not change anytime soon, if past patterns are any guide (and they are). The biggest things right now that I am supposed to be doing are getting rest and reducing stress; I can do neither as long as we;re trapped in here, and at this moment, it sounds and feels like the ceiling is going to cave in  under the weight and force of the hail. I opened the door a crack to look outside, and the hailstones are piling up like snow. This is tornado weather here, and Raven is shaking underneath my feet, poor guy.

As I've said the last couple of days, with one big change: I'm putting Wings's PayPal link back at the top. I'm adding one other link, too, because I was reminded by a dear friend today that, given the mold situation in this place, we will not be able to take anything by way of furnishings from the RV over to the ouse with us. I was introduced some time ago to an online company called Wayfair, which sells discounted stuff of all sorts: furniture, linens, bathroom stuff, rugs, lamps, whatever, and given that we'll need quite a lot of it (this RV's wiring has burned about about a half-dozen coffeemakers, two microwaves, and all but two of our lamps over seven years), she suggested that I add links for gift cards from them. Beyond cash, Home Depot cards are still most useful right now, because there is still a kitchen to . . . well, create. I've also added some old items back onto the Amazon wishlist, namely stuff for the animals. I have to add a few other such items, too, but I just haven't had time even to think about it yet. So here are the links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
Please share them all, as much as possible. I'm having an unusually hard time navigating this autoimmune flare, and I'm behind on everything. To the extent folks can share the links and maybe give us a boost that way, I'd be really grateful, because I'm just not able to do anywhere near my normal level of work right now. May thanks and much love to everyone who took such a weight off my shoulders last night and today. We're both profoundly grateful to you. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment