Saturday, September 9, 2017

Lights and wasps and tiny, tiny chicken eggs, and thanks to a few special folks. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017;
all rights reserved.

Another light from last week that one of you will recognize. It really is a beautiful, beautiful piece, but then, I'd expect nothing less than flawless taste from you, hon.

I'm not up for much more again tonight. I do think I need to reassure folks, though: Yes, I'm trying hard to stay out of the hospital. No, there isn't anything you (or, for the most part, I) can do. My illness is what it is. But there is literally no one here I can talk to about it (except Wings, who is always here for me, but I don't want to burden him with any more stress, either), and sometimes, I just need a space to vent. That's all it is. Nothing anyone can fix. A couple of small, funny things from today: For the first time in almost a decade, I was stung by a wasp (they're lethargic from the cold, and I apparently stepped on the poor guy, so I can't blame him for getting mad), and the venom has ever so slightly reduced a couple of the symptoms that have been plaguing me without mercy for the last two weeks. I'll take it, however small and brief it may be. 

And the first of our younger group of chicks (who are all now five months old) laid an egg today, in a nest made in the wooden horse trough in the small stall. I was there when it happened; she shot up out of there so fast, squawking all the way, you'd have thought she'd been struck by lightning. I think she scared herself. But it's a flawless tiny brown egg. Emphasis on tiny.

I do also need to thank a few folks, including the kind anonymous soul who sent the Lowe's card. I also need to thank one very dear person from earlier today, and you know who you are, and you know how profoundly grateful we both are to you for everything. 

It's just links again tonight:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
Please share them all, as much as possible. Many thanks and much love to everyone. I have more work to do tonight (my health has put me days, weeks behind at this point), and I have to get on it.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment