Monday, September 11, 2017

Major exterior progress; major good news, too. Kitchen comes next; shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

More rain today, as you can see from the wet roofline. Even so, the guys got a long way on the decking; now that Tony's back and it's a full four-man crew, they're moving fast. If I understand them correctly, tomorrow they'll start putting up to the cross-beams to build it out. Today, it was all joist hangers, which produced this:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
You're looking at three sides of an open rectangle there — the basic frame that will hold the plank floor and the sides. They think they might get that far by the end of the day on Wednesday. If so, it won't be long before Sherm and his crew can finish off the plasterwork and prime and paint the trim.

We have some very good news that takes a big load off my mind (and allows it to fixate on the next big thing that we can't pay for, but who;s counting: Within a couple of weeks, the plumbers will be paid off; no installments, no sky-high monthly payments for the next year, just paid off. That covers all of the interior plumbing, including remaining hookups and so forth, and the balance on the septic system from hell. (Did you know that hell is water, not fire? Neither did I.) The second bit of good news is that a replacement for our mold-toxic mattress is on order, and should be here in a couple of weeks. At that point, they should also have the sink done on the upstairs bath (I hope), and we'll be able to move in upstairs. Yeah, there'll be stuff to do like finish off that round window trim, put in the bars and shelves in the closet, and finish off the stairs (that last involves a lot), but we'll be able to sleep and bathe up there, which means, just possibly, that I might, you know, sleep. As I told a dear friend, it feels like I'm getting ready to go on vacation.

Of course, as I said last night, we've got a ways to go before that's possible. But it's finally in sight, and so now the big thing (once Floyd and his crew get the downstairs flooring in, starting next Monday) is going to be the kitchen. My health is the same, and will be for a while, so all sprinting will be entirely metaphorical, but now we sprint through to the next thing. Speaking of my health, this exacerbation is also from hell, and won't let me function, so it's just links again tonight:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
Please share them all, as much as possible. Many thanks and much love to everyone. As seemingly always anymore, I have more work to do tonight (my health has put me days, weeks behind at this point), and I have to get on it.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment