Tuesday, September 12, 2017

One problem down, two more take its place. Sales and shares badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017;
all rights reserved.

More joist hangers, support beams, and the start of the cross-beams today. They'll have more visible progress by the end of the day tomorrow. 

One step forward, two . . . well, not back (yet, at least), but sort of walking in place, I guess. Don't get my wrong; the news I posted last night is of incalculable value to us. Not just in terms of the amount, but also the stress it takes off us, especially me right now. But there's always something more, and time is running out. 

The second bidder on the woodstove installs (the guy who installed the big one the first time around, in the old manufactured home, back when it was just him, a guy who now has offices in two cities and a full staff and crew and everything technologically integrated for on-the-spot communication) came out today, or rather, two of his crew members did. Their estimate was right in line with the other guys, almost to the penny, but 1) we're already familiar with the quality of their work, and 2) they didn't interrupt me to mansplain to me why I didn't want what I said I wanted. The other guy? He interrupted me to order me to let him finish talking, when I was the one who was actually doing the talking at that moment, and I wasn't talking to him anyway, I was talking to Wings. So he was on thin ice already, and these guys sealed it for their boss today. The problem? They are booked solid, and while the fact that they're not free until around October 1st works for us because of the downstairs flooring, we have to pay half down to get on the schedule. And Floyd and his crew start the downstairs floors on Monday. Which all means that I need to raise about $6K by about this time next week. So, yeah, my blood pressure just spiked again, and I'll be up half the night trying to figure out where I can squeeze out a few more bucks here and there.

So we need sales. Badly. And we need shares. But emphasis on sales: We're halfway into September, and the holidays will be here before anybody's ready, and now's the time to start getting commissions in. More than that, though, I'd rather clear out some of our current inventory to make room for his new work; I'll be posting a fabulous brand-new cuff tomorrow, and he has a barrette that'll be ready for this weekend. But we need shares to make the sales in the first place, so please, please, send the links out far and wide:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
Please share them all, as much as possible. Many thanks and much love to everyone. Now, I need to get Wings's new work ready for posting, and at some point, a little sleep would be nice, however short and non-REM-ish it may be.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment