Friday, September 1, 2017

Hot water! Support posts and other materials. Payments still outgoing; shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

One of you is gonna recognize that light fixture. Perfect room for it, innit?

No new photos today. No new stuff today, save for the 16' posts that Wings hauled home from Olguin's this afternoon for the deck. They're strapped to prevent warping, sitting on the flatbed covered by oilcloth tarps. The rain this evening is . . . well, post-Harvey, I can't really call it epic, but it's not small, either. 

We spent most of the day running errands, although "running" is a vast overstatement of what I can do right now. Most of it was house-related, although one stop was to pick up three supplements for my newest emergent health issue (which is not new; it's been going on for a very long time, but within the context of my overall health issues, it's becoming a real problem). If they don't work . . . ::shrug emoji::.

The one other big deal that happened today was very early this morning. The plumbers showed up (and left with a token $500 payment) to test the hot and cold water and get everything hooked up once and for all (obviously the downstairs bath and kitchen need finishing, but the water works). We now have hot and cold water both to the upstairs bathroom, and in theory, I could have taken a bath up there tonight, but the weather is too crappy to go back and forth, especially as bad as my balance is right now. Soon, though.

Tomorrow is going to be a cleanup day, with River's help. I have no idea how much I'll be able to do; probably not much, because I'm in worse shape than I think I am, and I'm constantly getting flattened by it while I'm trying to get something accomplished. So as I said last night, bear with me, because I'm going to be missing things right and left, and this flare is not going to end anytime soon. For now, here are the links (and if anyone wants to know, Home Depot cards are far and away the most useful thing right now, although eventually the plumber's are going to demand their cash):
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
Please share them all, as much as possible. One large sale would go a long way toward making up the difference (the water heater is paid in full, but now there's all the other stuff, including the softener that has to go in before hook-up; yes, it's expensive, but it's going to save us a ton in the long run). Love and thanks to everyone. I have to run (haha, run; hobble) outside to relight the pilot and get the chickens in for the night, and then I'm done for the night, too.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

1 comment :

  1. The link to Wings site just leads to his profile page, with no way to get to the gallery/catalog from there. How do I share so that someone who sees it can actually browse and order?

    ReplyDelete