Thursday, September 14, 2017

Raptors returning. Unfortunately, a lot of other stuff, too, and lows in the 30s next week. Sales and shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Look who came to drink out of the dogs' water bucket tonight. I could barely get the shot off; he was skittish, and a dozen or more magpies were harrying him. It's rare to see a vulture all alone like this, especially a young one, but he was apparently thirsty and knew he'd be safe here (except from the little ankle-biters in the photo, obviously). My red-tailed pair were back today, too. So, too, were the neighboring puppies, last night and again today, and they of course got fed and watered here.

So was my migraine, and all the other autoimmune effects that are threatening to lay me up for weeks, if not months.

We've got to get this done, as much as possible, before the temperatures really drop. The animals are all behaving as though it's going to be a bad one this year, and an early one too. Right now, the main crew will be on this, so the final weatherproofing and exterior work can be done before it gets too cold for paint and plaster:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
But we have to pay Floyd's crew starting Monday, and we have to come up with $3K to get the woodstove install on the schedule for the first week of October, or we will have no heat when the weather turns. yes, I'm losing my mind trying to figure out how to keep all the moving pieces . . . well, moving, and also how to get blood, or at least scratch, out of a stone.

So as I said last night, we need sales. Badly. And we need shares. But emphasis on sales: We're halfway into September, and the holidays will be here before anybody's ready, and now's the time to start getting commissions in. More than that, though, I'd rather clear out some of our current inventory to make room for his new work. As I said last night that I would, I've posted a fabulous brand-new cuff today, and he has a barrette that'll be ready for this weekend. Selling that belt would go a long, long way right now. But we need shares to make the sales in the first place, so please, please, send the links out far and wide:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
Please share them all, as much as possible. Many thanks and much love to everyone. I'm waiting for dinner to finish right now (sausage and vegetable stew in the crock pot); then it's a shower and, I hope, at least a little sleep before I have to do this all over again tomorrow.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment