Thursday, September 7, 2017

Storms and showers. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Last night, after the worst of the storm had passed overhead and was moving southeast. It broke the air vent overhead, adding one more to a bunch of existing irreparable leaks in this thing (believe me, we've tried, too many times to count; it's a function of this thing's age and the way its "skin" is set up). It also shredded the corn, the beans, the squash blossoms, the basketball net. The house, OTOH, was fine, solid as a rock.

We need to get in it, and soon.

My autoimmune symptoms are getting worse, not better. Yes, I'm taking all my supplements religiously, but this is way beyond their ability to fix; I need rest, sleep, a healthy place to be, and I haven't had that for seven years. Wings is taking good care of me, but I have to worry about his health, too.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017;
all rights reserved.

The interior downstairs is on hold, mostly, until Floyd and his crew can come out on the 18th and get started on the flooring. So I'm focused on upstairs bedroom, bath, and water softener, so that we can at least sleep and shower over there, even if not live and cook and eat. The wiring is in and the gas ready for the switchover; once the tile is in, we can worry about the kitchen. For now, the lights and power are on, so is the water heater, the septic [allegedly] works even if it's not paid for, and once we get just a few more things done (and bought), we can get a real night's sleep, also for the first time in seven years.

As I've said the last couple of days, there's one big change: I'm putting Wings's PayPal link back at the top. I'm adding one other link, too, because I was reminded by a dear friend yesterday that, given the mold situation in this place, we will not be able to take anything by way of furnishings from the RV over to the house with us. I was introduced some time ago to an online company called Wayfair, which sells discounted stuff of all sorts: furniture, linens, bathroom stuff, rugs, lamps, whatever, and given that we'll need quite a lot of it (this RV's wiring has burned about about a half-dozen coffeemakers, two microwaves, and all but two of our lamps over seven years), she suggested that I add links for gift cards from them. Beyond cash, Home Depot cards are still most useful right now, because there is still a kitchen to . . . well, create. I've also added some old items back onto the Amazon wishlist, namely stuff for the animals. I have to add a few other such items, too, but I just haven't had time even to think about it yet. So here are the links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
Please share them all, as much as possible. I'm having an unusually hard time navigating this autoimmune flare, and I'm behind on everything. To the extent folks can share the links and maybe give us a boost that way, I'd be really grateful, because I'm just not able to do anywhere near my normal level of work right now. May thanks and much love to everyone who took such a weight off my shoulders the last couple of days. We've got a long way to go, but we're both profoundly grateful to you. For now, there's another storm on the way, so I may lose connectivity before it's over.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

1 comment :

  1. I have so been waiting for the moment you could start sleeping in the new place, and not have to worry about fires while you sleep.

    ReplyDelete