Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What a day, from 4 AM on. Also, everything hits all at once. Shares and sales badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Last day of the week for the crew, as always, which means payday, so we just shelled out a whole bunch more money. On the upside, they got a good long way on the decking — which is good, because it and the exterior plaster/paint need to be done before it gets too cold and wet. We had two or three episodes of sprinkles today, but most of the storms passed us by, although the wind that blew them out is remarkably cold.

Here's a close-up of the work from today:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
Tony also got the base built for the top of the vanity, so Floyd can tile it hopefully next week.

There is, unfortunately, no end to things. First, I was awake most of the night, and certainly from at least 3 AM onward with a massive migraine. That's normal for our sleeping arrangements in this tin can, and part of why I'm so desperate to get out of this place. Around four, I finally settled back in, not to sleep, but at least to get a little more tired and warm, and then Raven went bonkers. Something outside; no idea what, but whining and growling and running up and down the whole RV. I got up a little before 4:30, let the dogs out, started coffee, and sat down hoping to get some work done. Within ten minutes, the power had gone out. Completely. We learned later that Indian Killer Utility does not, implications to the contrary, call in crews on off-hours to fix outages (at least not here on the rez, certainly). Meanwhile, a half-hour after the power went out, Raven got into a massive dogfight with . . . something. I went tearing out with the flashlight, and could see literally nothing; it took five tries to get Raven to come back, and when he did, no blood, but soaking wet and shaking like a leaf. It took three hours for them to get the power back on, so I got NO work done (and had no heat besides).

Second, everything's hitting at once. She-Wolf has developed a growth on the side of her neck, the sort that it's obvious needs to be addressed. Her appointment is for next Monday afternoon, and I have no idea how much removal will cost; it depends on the level of anesthesia required.

Third, the hay has literally been burning up in the fields, and that's what will feed Shade and Miskwaki through the winter, so when one of Wings's old friend came by today with his tractor, we decided to have him go ahead and drop it while there seems to be an extended break in the weather. We'll have to pay him once he bales, probably Friday evening, and we'll then have to pay Sherm and the guys, who are coming Saturday morning to help stack. Unfortunately, I can't do anything like that right now; it risks rupturing my spleen, and Wings has forbidden me to carry, well, just about everything. (No, there's nothing that can be done other than let it reduce its size again on its own. No, that won't happen until I can get some real sleep again.)

And fourth, we still have to raise the deposit to get on the install schedule for the woodstove people, and we have to be able to pay Floyd his half down next Monday. I'm going to lose my mind.

So we need sales. Badly. And we need shares. But emphasis on sales: We're halfway into September, and the holidays will be here before anybody's ready, and now's the time to start getting commissions in. More than that, though, I'd rather clear out some of our current inventory to make room for his new work. As I said last night that I would, I've posted a fabulous brand-new cuff today, and he has a barrette that'll be ready for this weekend. Selling that belt would go a long, long way right now. But we need shares to make the sales in the first place, so please, please, send the links out far and wide:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
Please share them all, as much as possible. Many thanks and much love to everyone. I am somewhere way past exhausted at this point. I need what passes for a shower in this place, and I need to try and get at least a little rest, so I'm out.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment