Sunday, September 24, 2017

Repeat. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

It's a repeat photo today, because I'm in the middle of a day-long panic attack, and I can't do anything more than cut and paste right now. Nothing's working, I can't fix my health as long as we're in this damn thing, and I'm terrified of never actually making it into the house. And no, I do not want to talk about it; it only makes it worse.

Here is the cut-and-paste from last night, and then I'm going to try to do anything else but house stuff for the rest of the day, before I lose my sanity entirely (because my temper is already gone):

So as I said last night, thanks to all of that, we're back to having to raise actual cash. Wings's PayPal link is at the top of the list, but a few good sales would go a long, long way. To that end, we're marking the official start of fall (which, I might point out, has been here since July 30th for us) with a 25%-off sale on everything in inventory that is made by other Native artists (i.e., not made by Wings; his work is excluded from the sale). Every item on the Web site not made by him qualifies, but it runs only for eight days: today through September 30th, so get your high-end Native art at a big discount while you can. Of course, Wings also has some amazing masterworks on his portion of the site, including some new high-end, high-value pieces that need a home. And while you're at it, please send the links out far and wide, because I'm never going to get well until we're out of this tin can permanently:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's not complete; what's on it so far are drapes for the upstairs and bath rugs for both bathrooms. The long drapes are the priority.
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Also not complete, but covers a number of the area rugs and all of the curtain rods/hardware needed for the upstairs.  The long curtain rods are the priority. [Wayfair has apparently never heard of a housewarming and insists on labeling it "bridal," but whatever. Also, the rugs: yes, we'd love to be able to afford Pendletons, but if we had four figures to drop on rugs, we'd get the real thing from actual Diné artists. At Pendleton prices, that's not happening; these are a small fraction of the price, but likely to last a very long time.]
Many thanks and much love from us both, for donations, gift cards, shares, recs, moral support, and just generally helping me not lose my mind. This has been a difficult day health-wise, with my flare itself seeming to flare, no doubt in part due to our high winds and drastic weather changes imminent. I am, at the urging of many different people, trying to compile registries, for lack of a better word, with several different sites to cover all the sundry stuff that's needed to make a house liveable, especially given that we can't take the fa bric furnishing, linens, towels, etc. with us as a result of the mold infestation in this tin can. That's [part of] what I'll be working on tonight (and probably the rest of the weekend, given the slowness of my cognitive responses right now), and I need to get a move on, because I haven't gotten to many . . . well, um, any, actually . . . lists yet. Although before tonight is out, I may have one or two partial ones to post — things like rugs and drapes. If so, I'll update accordingly. Well, provided we keep our Internet access; it's been raining off and on since before dawn, but now there's a huge storm bearing down on us from the west, so we'll see.

P.S. And yes, this is still ongoing, natch: IKT has "upgraded" our service (for another $10 a month, natch, and without telling us in advance) to the point that half the time, I can't load anything. When that happens, my e-mail is always the first to go, and I have messages trickling through in fits and starts, some from days ago. If you've e-mailed me and don't hear from me immediately, this is why; if you can reach me on FB or Twitter, DM me there, or try shooting another message through. I'll be sorting through them as steadily as I can, I promise.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment