Tuesday, September 19, 2017

X marks the spot. Or not, apparently. A lot to do tomorrow into next week. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

So today was apparently the day the crew lost its collective head.

See that up there? That's the vanity. See the center hole for the sink drain? And the hole for the faucet? Now look very closely in the upper right-hand corner, next to the red line. See that "X?" That's where the faucet is going to go. Except they put it on the exact opposite corner, on the left IN THE FRONT OF THE SINK.

AND THEY MARKED THE RIGHT SPOT WITH AN "X!"


Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
There's the X.

This all happened about the time the tile guys came out to look at where they're gonna start. Which should have been cause for rejoicing, except they blindsided me with something that had the potential to set us back two more weeks, and I broke down in front of everybody, pissing me off even more than I already was, because dammit, nobody's allowed to see me cry. But I can't do this. Also there's another screwup with the same space, and the plumbers have to come out and redo the intake tomorrow.

Sherm has promised to fix it all for us.

On the plus side, they did get this started:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
That is the floor of the deck.They've run the first few rows on the inside all the way across, end to end from east to west. They'll do more on that tomorrow. From either tomorrow evening or Thursday morning on, the tile guys will get their stuff under way (although they will not, as originally planned, start with the bathroom; that will have to wait until next Tuesday). But once they're done, stuff can start moving a lot faster downstairs. I hope.

For now, we still have a long way to go, a lot to get done, and unfortunately, a lot to pay out. And as I said last night, honestly? We're still going to need to raise cash down the road to cover labor and local materials costs. But sales can cover that, too. And for the moment, what helps the most, without question: Home Depot, Lowe's, Wayfair, or Amazon gift cards. Any denomination whatsoever. Thanks to the mold problem, we're having to replace all linens, the futon mattress, potentially even the couch and love seat (which will no doubt be reduced to couch and chair, because we don't need or really have room for a love seat anymore anyway). For a child of Depression-era parents, this is incredibly difficult for me; my first instinct is to try to save and salvage everything, because when you grow up as poor as I did, you never know what you might need down the road. But my posse is working on me rather insistently, and strictly on the health level, I know they're right, so here we are, an RV full of stuff that has to be replaced. So please send the links out far and wide:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
As I said last night, many thanks and much love from us both, for donations, gift cards, shares, recs, moral support, and just generally helping me not lose my mind. I have quite a lot of work left tonight, plus dinner and other final chores, and I'm moving very, very slowly today, so I'd best get on it.

P.S. And yes, this is still ongoing, natch: IKT has "upgraded" our service (for another $10 a month, natch, and without telling us in advance) to the point that half the time, I can't load anything. When that happens, my e-mail is always the first to go, and I have messages trickling through in fits and starts, some from days ago. If you've e-mailed me and don't hear from me immediately, this is why; if you can reach me on FB or Twitter, DM me there, or try shooting another message through. I'll be sorting through them as steadily as I can, I promise.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment