Thursday, May 9, 2019

A reminder to myself that from tears come fire: two new works by Wings.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Well, I've allowed myself my moments of despair for the day. Back to work, because the bills don't get paid by tears. And today, it's two new works by Wings, both posted at his site, and both, but especially the first, serve as a reminder that from tears come fire.

I love both pieces, one cuff and one pair of earrings, but the cuff speaks to me on several levels. That's it up above: Feathers of the Spirit Bird. He designed the band first, and only later did we realize that he had the perfect stone for it — a huge round cab of Bird of Paradise agate, one that looks as though it's shot through with literal feathers made of fire. It's stunning, and you can read the full description here.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

The other work channels fire in a different form: the rising sun, reflecting off silvery wings. These are called A Dance For the Dawn, and those peach moonstones really do look like the glow of first rays of the sun here in summer. Like the aquamarine version I posted here two days ago, these are somewhat larger than earlier iterations in this style, and priced accordingly. You can find their full description here.

If you're interested in either item (or anything else on the site), you can reach me via the Contact form or by DM.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

1 comment :

  1. On my if I win the lottery list is one of the cuff bracelets. I sent a little while I could. In the next couple of months Reid's one month hospitalization and rehab bills will become do. I may have to take pictures of Pixie and enter her in every cat contest I can.

    ReplyDelete