Friday, May 3, 2019

Dark days.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

These are dark days.

I mean that literally as well as figuratively. There was a zero-percent chance of weather yesterday, but that up there? That built up in early evening, and then in the blink of an eye whipped up into something with rotation in it on all sides. A half-dozen or so raindrops out of it, but the wind patterns (and force and speed) were the really disturbing part. Fortunately, they didn't take out what's left of the stable this time around, unlike last year; they just spun out over the peaks. And no, we haven't been able to afford to rebuild the stables. Or do anything more to finish the house. My medical crises have sucked up everything into a as deep a black hole as my depression.

No sleep to speak of again; I'm refusing to take the prednisone today, because 1) I just can't handle the headache and ocular pressure and sleeplessness anymore, and 2) in theory, my new inhalers are supposed to be ready later today. No, I have no idea how many hundreds of dollars those are going to set me back. No relief from the other stresses, either: No response from the surgeon on the biopsy (nor any hint as to whether I'll soon be incurring a lot more and heavier medical expense yet); and no break from the hounding on the $30K still outstanding on hospital bills. I need to raise this. People think I'm exaggerating when I say it's killing me; I'm not. I have to get my blood pressure back down into safe levels, and right now, it's high all the time from the stress. And I'm someone whose BP is normally exceptionally low and healthy, so this is a big problem. 

On the current push, I've raised $217 toward that $30K (and thank you to the two folks who made that possible). I've got a lot more work that I have to get done both on- and offline yet, too, and nothing left in reserve, so here are the links, because I have to bring in this full $30K somehow, and now:
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until June 1st for May);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, the big one being the fly spray;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
I'm done with the rest. I have to be. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment