Sunday, May 12, 2019

Yesterday's storms.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
One (of many) of yesterday's storms. 

It works as metaphor, too. You're never fully free of them; the effects follow you. And since both yesterday and today are stark reminders for me of that essential truth, don't expect to see much of me. As I said yesterday, it's hard enough to keep going when you're reminded daily just how badly people want to force invisibility, failure, and destitution on you, but here we are. And I keep going anyway, because what alternative is there? But when you have to be reminded of how thoroughly the past has maimed the present (and whatever future there might be) . . . well, on these days, I don't talk to anybody. There's no room for it when the pain, physical and otherwise, takes up everything. 

Here are the links, because I have to bring in this full $30K in hospital bills somehow, and now:
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until June 1st for May);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, the big one being the fly spray;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
I'm ecstatic to be able to forget, at least for now, about my thyroid (yes, there's still some swelling and so forth, but it's not nearly as noticeable as after the first botched biopsy). Now I have to work on the asthma/respiratory and autoimmune stuff. And most of all, I need to pay off these bills. That will go further than just about anything right now to allowing me to breathe again. Wings dropped two new works three days ago, in addition to the new cuff and two new pairs of earrings that I posted here a couple of days before that. Please share the links around, offer recommendations and testimonials, consider purchases, and help me be able to breathe, literally.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment