Monday, May 20, 2019

What's missing.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Yeah, besides my spot. I came down from the shower this morning to find that my seat on the couch had been bogarted. New owner, name Chinook. So hard to be a dog around here.

I feel about like that myself right now, after weeks of virtually no sleep and being on the run all day today — i.e., ready for collapse. But for once, in a good way: paperwork done and returned, enough in sales to cover us until it's cleared, tax man paid for this month, and we are (for now, as I knock wood superstitiously) safe. Next week or so, I will be sending out some very big checks to two hospitals for a bunch of different bills, and the next time one of their collectors calls, I can tell them to shove it with a clear conscience and no repercussions.

You have no idea the size of the boulder that rolled off my chest today. It's been camped out there for more than 18 months, and as of next week, it's gone, even the tiny little pebbles from underneath it.

Now, none of this means that we can sit back and take it easy. We still have to make sales, and make them consistently. And as various expenses arise (the utility room plumbing repair comes to mind), I will still be asking folks to push our Web site links so that we can make enough sales to cover everything and keep us safe. There will also be a lot more testing for me later this year on the medical front, but the priority for the moment is getting the asthma under control, and fortunately, that's mostly pharmaceutical trial and error, not biopsies and so forth. But you see what's missing here tonight?

Yeah. That.

To the folks who got us here, thank you, thank you.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment