Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Some changes.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

That's mostly what our skies have looked like lately. Not much rain, but a lot of wind, which translates to a lot of pain for both of us.

May 1st, and time to make some changes. I have to get these hospital bills paid off; the stress is very literally killing me, and I'm very tired of constantly worrying about dying. Everything I do will geared around bringing in enough to pay them off. Everything. I have no room left in body or brain for anything else (not even for that; the fatigue is indescribable, and so is the pain and the constant fear), and I have to get this done if I'm going to survive. You've been warned. [And before someone pops off elsewhere with more nonsense, we do a lot for other folks around here that we don't talk about. We're currently trying to help four, no, five local households stay afloat, with work and other kinds of help. Some of it involves deeply personal stuff that is not ours to discuss; some of it is very fraught, with folks very close to not making it in very real terms, and that's not ours to discuss, either. But I want to make one thing clear, since the whisper campaigns do get back to me, you know: It's not "paying it forward"; this is a way of life for us, and always has been. Just because you don't see it online doesn't mean it's not taking place, often at very personal cost to us.]

The second thing is for Patreon subscribers. I'm not sure how much of a pace I can maintain, given how bad my medical condition is. I'm also tired of pulling my punches (and Wings, of course, has always told me not to do that anyway). you can expect the content to take a darker turn, a very much more realistic one, frankly, because things are very dark right now.

I've got a lot more work that I have to get done offline yet, too, and not much left in reserve, so here are the links, because I have to bring in this $30K somehow:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until May 1st for April);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, the big one being the fly spray;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
I'm done with the rest. I have to be. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment