Saturday, May 25, 2019

Sweet girl.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Sweet girl misses her brother. She's been hanging a lot closer to us the last few days. She still plays with her other brothers, with moments of sheer doggy joy, but it's very clear that losing Raven has hit her hard.

Which is why she doesn't get booted off the bed when she's bogarting my space at night.

No fence repair today, and no River, either; he's helping his mom sell roasted corn today. We've told him that whenever he's concerned about her health, he should stay with her, and he can make up his hours whenever. And if he has to miss work to take her to appointments, we pay him anyway, because . . . well, shit, because it's the right thing to do. He's dealing with far more than any 16-year-old should ever have to carry as it is. [And don't get me wrong; it's been a long, long week, and a very wearing one, too, and I'm more glad than I can say to have it just be the two of us and the animals today.] 

But now, I have to do some roasting of my own — chicken thighs, for tacos tonight. And then I have a bunch of household stuff to get done. And in between all that, I need to make some sales, so if you're inclined to share our site links, please do so.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment