Thursday, May 2, 2019

Spiky.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
I feel spiky right now for SO many reasons, so these two are a perfect fit.

Day Two of a concerted campaign to raise the $30K needed to pay off my hospital balances before things get even worse than they are already. Only $29,855 to go. If that sounds cynical and depressed, it's because it is.

I had to shell out another $200 this morning at the doctor, and there will be at least that much to pay out tomorrow when I pick up my scrips. She's trying two separate inhalers, one maintenance inhaler that's generally well-tolerated by patients allergic to the others, and one rescue inhaler, which is something she says I should have had years ago. I'm also supposed to keep the pred on hand for emergencies, although I will be so glad to be done with this round after tomorrow. I hate it for so many reasons, from the weight gain (yes, it's already showing) to the headaches to the eye pressure to the insomnia that defeats one of the main purposes of taking it in the first place. But my breathing has been SO labored the last few days that I've had to stick with it, and even so it's only barely taken the edge off. 

So, yeah, I'm feeling basically like death, not even warmed over. Raven and I make a matched set, I guess.

I've got a lot more work that I have to get done offline yet, too, and nothing left in reserve, so here are the links, because I have to bring in this $30K somehow:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until May 1st for April);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, the big one being the fly spray;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
I'm done with the rest. I have to be. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment