Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Even when you think you can't.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

Sometimes, if you do it even when you think you can't, the spirits reward you.

I am hobbling today, badly. We had an appointment south of here, but I wasn't sure I could manage it, and in fact, the ride was miserable, the pain in my hips and legs completely unmanageable. It was bad enough that I took my cane. The river was painful to watch, filled with the pollution of twenty-odd rafts full of unmasked colonizers, while the water level is so terribly low that they were running aground in the middle.

But past their presence, just before the dam? I saw this. And Wings turned around and went back so I could get photos. The heron knew we were there, but was completely unbothered. He didn't want to be around the rafters, that much was clear; the moment another vehicle pulled in he gathered himself and flew away. But he was perfectly willing to stand there quietly with us.

And if I hadn't sucked it up and gone, I never would've gotten to see him.

Tomorrow will be a day of appointments, too. I doubt that I'll be any more mobile than I am today, but maybe I'll at least get some provisional answers, maybe a way forward for now.

I hope.

Meanwhile, the $1,500 due last week is now a week overdue, and I have another ~$2K+ that has to be paid out before the end of the month, and we don't have it. We do have enough to cover my doctor's appointment and the biopsy (at least I hope it covers it), but there's still all the rest. That means sales, but I don't have the physical wherewithal to chase it, because of my pain and fatigue levels, along with some other problematic symptoms, being entirely off the charts. Still, I have to suck it up on this front, too, because we need sales, and I have to shove the rest down long enough to make some. That's it; nothing else matters right now.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                       

No comments :

Post a Comment