Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Sometimes everything's painful.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

Sometimes everything's painful.

Our trip down to Espy yesterday certainly was — literally for me, figuratively for us both. That stretch of the river there? There should never be any riverbed showing, much less rising above the waters. That's nearing the end of the Gorge, where the flow evens out nice and deep (or used to) before heading over the dam. There's no water. Literally. And yet the colonizers keep coming in and invading it, churning it up, damaging the habitat and chasing off all the indigenous wildlife. Let's be clear about why the heron yesterday flew off; it was hearing and seeing them coming. And the waters get injured beyond repair.

Other kinds of pain in the forefront of my mind today. I bailed on my first appointment because of it, or, rather, Wings told me to; I was only going to be his "ears" anyway, and he'll just tell everyone they need to speak up. Still no audiologist appointment for him, which is absurd at this point. Meanwhile, for me, today is the day. Well, in a manner of speaking. Biopsy, although when the results will be available is anybody's guess, never mind what they'll show. No idea what else will come of today's appointment, either, but something's got to give, and soon. I can't function this way.

We have enough to cover my doctor's appointment and the biopsy (at least I hope it covers it), but there's still all the rest. Thanks to a couple of sales and a couple of friends, I think we'll ultimately be able to cover it, but now it's logistics and waiting for things to clear, and the August bills are perilously close. That means sales, but I don't have the physical wherewithal to chase it, because of my pain and fatigue levels, along with some other problematic symptoms, being entirely off the charts. Still, I have to suck it up on this front, too, because we need sales, and I have to shove the rest down long enough to make some. That's it; nothing else matters right now.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                        

No comments :

Post a Comment