Thursday, July 29, 2021

How it's done.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

This is how it's done. That's the latest that's in the works, and it's going to be unique, and also uniquely fabulous. But see how that strip of silver is bending up at the far end? When he began, it was perfectly flat.  That's heavy 9-gauge stuff, very solid, but when you're stamping as deeply as he does, it warps the silver in the process. He'd already flattened it out again several times. [And he anneals the silver before beginning, which adds to its flexibility, so that the warping/straightening process doesn't crack or break it.]

I posted four new cuffs yesterday, at varying price points, and they are all absolutely phenomenal. You can see the collective post here, but definitely click through to the site and look at ALL the photos, because what they show is nothing short of amazing. There'll be likely two more new cuffs, and then he's shifting to the pins already in the works, plus the ideas he already has in various stages for pins and pendants and earrings and accessories and other items. There's a lot in the pipeline now.

And yes, I'm doing these posts out of order today. Today's #TBT post on his site requires new photos, and I have a bunch of other things to do early on, so I likely will not get to that until either later this afternoon or even tonight, but I will get to it. In the meantime, I've got a lot to take care of here, and not enough hours in the day, so I'm heading back to my offline work shortly.

Meanwhile, everyone wants their cut. I was finally able to pay the insurance bill yesterday, and we bought a small load of firewood, because it's getting cold at night again now. Another $75 out the door Tuesday for the labs, with probably a subsequent bill to come. Still no path results on either the new labs or the biopsy, and since I still have to get my sutures out, I hope there are some results by then, because I can't move forward with treatment until I have them, and given that I'm essentially not sleeping at all, things are getting really grim. Aside from that, I still have to pay our quarterly taxes, and there are likely to be more bills on the last round of labs, too; more meds, more more more more . . . . That means sales, but I don't have the physical wherewithal to chase it, because of my pain and fatigue levels, along with some other problematic symptoms that are probably the lupus, being entirely off the charts. Still, I have to suck it up on this front, too, because we need sales, and I have to shove the rest down long enough to make some. That's it; nothing else matters right now, and I can't do it alone.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please watch for all of it and share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                              

No comments :

Post a Comment