Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Never enough hours in the day for all the work in progress.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

I took that yesterday, while he was hard at work on his newest piece. This is the one where he needed to make his own stamps; it's taken a drastic turn from what he first envisioned, and it's already phenomenal, even though it's unfinished. Never enough hours in the day for all the work in progress, but this one, at least, should be done tonight or tomorrow.

Never enough ours for my own work, either, and never enough resources. I had to go in and get the blood draw handled today, and it consisted of eight different sets of tests (the baseline stuff like CBC and CMP; baseline for autoimmune, like CRP/SED/ANA; and a few disease-specific tests). I got out of it this morning for $260 cash, but came home to an insta-e-mail advising that they would be billing me more (probably a LOT more) as the analyses are completed. So that was fun.

I need to come up with ~1,500 between now and next week for quarterly taxes and other bills, another ~$2,000 by the 21st for labs, biopsy, and path fees, and I've made exactly zero progress on any of it. I'm so far behind and I need to be able to work, but before I can focus on the labor, I need to cover bills, and I can't do it alone. I need to sell some of Wings's new work, but I can't make a sale to save my life, apparently.

The last two months have been hellaciously expensive, with all of the imaging and doctor's appointments I've had to pay for just to have them rule out something extremely nasty; what it IS has everyone stymied now, and it's likely going to cost even more to rule whatever that is in, but it has to be done. I'm also down 3-4 Patreon patrons since May 1st, which puts a BIG dent in what covers our monthly bills. And as of July 1st, I've had to stop posting every single day on Patreon, because I don't have the time and my health can't take it, so I expect to lose more. And my Patreon is what pays our utilities and other monthly bills, so, yes, I'm worried. I'm also exhausted after the last week, and barely functional, so here we are.

But as I said, Wings will have several more new pieces out soon, too, possibly as early as tomorrow or mid-week: at least one major necklace posted last week here, and a minimum of four new Warrior Woman (three actually; one's already sold, but the others will likely be ready and posted tomorrow) and three new Pueblo pins (those last three, with a very cool new twist, and the third one's been done most of this week, but I only had time to get it posted night before last, here). I posted the first two Pueblo pins last week; one has already sold, but you can see the other here. Seriously, go check out the necklace; it's incredible. There's also, unexpectedly, a brand-new sterling silver cuff that I also got posted two nights ago, also here; it's simple, but absolutely dazzlingly beautiful.

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired constantly, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. One thing: The mosquitoes are out in force now thanks to the rain, and as you know from the loss of Wings's nephew last year to West Nile, they can be deadly for folks like us. Wings has to spend an inordinate amount of time outdoors right now, and he needs to be able to take repellents with him that are not toxic, so I've added a bunch of them to the wishlist, and they are urgent, especially the 2nd and 4th items on the list. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                  

No comments :

Post a Comment