Monday, July 19, 2021

Long hours.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

That's from a few days ago. Wings has been keeping long hours, going back into the studio in the evenings to work on pieces in progress, getting up early to do the same. We were both so wiped out that we went to bed at 8 PM last night. I didn't actually fall asleep and stay asleep until 1 AM or later, but I was too exhausted to sit upright.

Yesterday morning, it struck me (as I sat here with one foot going entirely numb and the other subluxing as I tried to stand) that maybe the best it's ever going to be in terms of pain is already in the rear-view mirror — that maybe the only thing I have to look forward to is everything getting worse and worse.

And then I got into the shower, because I couldn't let myself think that one through, although it's been haunting my thoughts ever since.

As I said, this is clearly not just a flare. It might be a progression; it might be something else entirely. Whatever it is, I certainly won't know anything more my biopsy the middle of this week, and that will only happen if I can afford to pay cash up front. Right now, that's out of the question. The $1,500 due last week is now a week overdue, and I have another ~$2K+ that has to be paid out before the end of the month, and we don't have it. Meanwhile, I keep long hours every day, and I'm going to have to push it to more somehow.

I also don't have the physical wherewithal to chase it, because my pain and fatigue levels, along with some other problematic symptoms, are off the charts. We need sales, and I have to shove the rest down long enough to make some. That's it; nothing else matters right now.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                      

No comments :

Post a Comment