Sunday, February 26, 2023

Impending.

Photo coyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

One snow squall has already passed through; the next one is impending now. There's also apparently a powerful one down in the Albuquerque area, with confirmed wind gusts up to 72 mph, so it's destructive. The canyon between there and here will slow it down, but there's plenty of flat for it gain speed again this side of it.  If I disappear mid-anything, our power's probably out [::knocks wood superstitiously in hopes of preventing it::].

I took that photo about ten minutes ago. I had gone out onto the deck to catch some storm shots, and the moment I walked out, I could hear my namesakes (the cranes). But I couldn't see them; they were too high above Pueblo Peak. When they came into view, they did something I've never seen them do before. Cranes in formation here are migrating (and it's six to eight weeks early, but our weather's all off, so . . .), which means that they're heading in one direction, whichever that happens to be. These were heading westward . . . and then they began circling overhead. They were very high up, so even with the zoom lens I could get a lot in the way of closeups, but I managed to get several shots of them directly overhead before they moved too high again. What a gift . . . I'm still breathless from it.

But there's still work to be done, and I do still have to make sales consistently. I'm now behind three weeks two weeks now only one week on sales (although I'll need to make a second one by week's end to stay on track), because as always, I still need to bring in one sale a week for us to break even, and I haven't managed that since three weeks ago. I did get Wings's new ring posted the other day, but more importantly, I got that incredible new collar-style necklace up, here, and you need to see it, all of it, all of the photos of all five pendants and the beads. It's extraordinary, and it's looking for its home. I also got the new cuff, pendant, and earrings posted a few nights ago, here; the pendant is sold, but the other two remain available for immediate purchase (and they're both ::wow::). All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priority right now is the second ladder, if they ever get in back in stock, for when that kind of scaffolding work starts up again in spring);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.        

No comments :

Post a Comment