Thursday, February 23, 2023

So there's that.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Not much snow left now. No, it's not because it's warmed up much; it's because these trickster winds have scattered all the ground cover everywhere (everywhere except on the ground), and there's little enough left and it's thin enough now that even this anemic sun can melt it.

Still bitter cold.

It's been a hell of a week. The weather was so bad yesterday that the vet had to cancel, so the chicken hasn't been evaluated yet. She's still comfy in her little straw-bale fort, and she loves her chicken treats, so it's fine. My own news yesterday on the medical front was not so pleasant: no more vaccines allowed. I knew this day would come, and it's partly a relief, but also terrifying, especially because absolutely nobody takes any precautions anymore. Which means, essentially, that I can never travel, never go to a public event, never eat out in a restaurant, never go unmasked anywhere, ever again. On the plus side, she also told me that she thinks I can wait another for all the imaging scans from my two cancer scares (medullary thyroid and IBC). My reactions to the vaccines definitely affected both badly, but there's been no change beyond that, and she's positive that it's only that: vaccine reaction. Which means I don't have to shell out tens of thousands of dollars in cash in repeat imaging and biopsies (because the "inconclusive" part of both means the biopsies are inevitable with every screening now). I also don't have to travel repeatedly to. Santa Fe and Albuquerque at ungodly hours in ungodly weather, which aggravates my autoimmune conditions severely. 

So there's that.

But I do still have to make another couple of sales. I'm now behind three weeks two weeks on sales, because as always, I still need to bring in one sale a week for us to break even, and I haven't managed that since three weeks ago. I did get Wings's new ring posted the other day, but more importantly, I got that incredible new collar-style necklace up, here, and you need to see it, all of it, all of the photos of all five pendants and the beads. It's extraordinary, and it's looking for its home. I also got the new cuff, pendant, and earrings posted two nights ago, here; the pendant is sold, but the other two remain available for immediate purchase (and they're both ::wow::). All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priority right now is the second ladder, if they ever get in back in stock, for when that kind of scaffolding work starts up again in spring);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.       

No comments :

Post a Comment