Saturday, February 4, 2023

Not good for anybody.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

This is our fourth or fifth day of highs around 45 degrees when they should be barely into double digits. As a result, the snow is almost entirely gone. Mud everywhere, though. As I've been saying, it feels much more like the latter half of April than the first week of February, and that's not good for anybody.

Definitely not good for us. We've both really overdone the past few weeks, and today's the day we've both crashed. Wings, fortunately, can just catch up on sleep and he'll be okay, but I don't have that option. I'm exhausted enough to want to sleep, but the pain makes it impossible. I've taken a full dose of my pain meds today (I usually take half, for several very specific reasons, none of which have anything to do with side effects but everything to do with this country's murderous approach toward pain control), and it hasn't even taken the faintest edge off it. Walking is painful, typing is painful, breathing is painful, being is painful. The kind of pain that, if you haven't experienced it, you can't really understand. And to top it all off, these stupid temperatures have things blooming that should not be even budding yet, and my sinuses have created the kind of headache that make anything else impossible. [Nah, this happens to me every year. It's just that it's usually, you know, in actual spring, not in the middle of supposed winter when the mercury should be no higher than 20 at the most.]

I don't know how long I'm going to lose time and work to this flare, because it's getting worse by the day [another hallmark of spring for me, which is one of the reasons why I hate it]. But every day is worse than the last, and it's making it impossible to get my work done, and I still need to bring in one sale a week to break even. Still trying to have that new cuff posted today, and that new necklace, too. All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now (and subscriptions, if you're looking for that; I'll have more on that to come in the next few weeks, hopefully with some changes):

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priority right now is the liquid soaps, any fragrance);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site (and there will be more to come for Valentine's Day), so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.      

No comments :

Post a Comment