Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Trinkets.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023;
all rights reserved.

Flowers . . . and trinkets. Wings bought me the flowers yesterday, brilliant yellows and deep purples. The trinkets are mine.

Wings has me learning to make jewelry.

Part of it is that he thought it would help strengthen my hands again, and lemme tell you, over the last two weeks that's been a nightmare, with three fingers that wouldn't bend or unbend. They're doing a little better this week, since he made me copper rings for each one that I've been wearing full time. I can finally make a fist with each hand, which I haven't been able to do for weeks. Part of it is that he somehow thinks I have creative capabilities that no one else has ever thought I have, so he wants me to explore it. So I'm just starting slowly on the new hobby, which does have the advantage of allowing me to play with beads and stones and metals and clear my mind in the process. These are all very much 101-level wire-work, like something a child would do. But it's fun, it takes my mind off things, and I can already see clear improvement in working with the materials. My biggest problem is my hands and fingers not being able to do what my brain is telling them to do. But I have a new bracelet that's actually wearable, and I made a key chain for him last month in the style of the hearts.

Speaking of clearing minds, the cops' nonsense in the early, early hours of Sunday morning turned out to have tragic consequences. Their bullshit in stampeding the elk needlessly resulted in a baby being separated from its mama, and it apparently wandered southwestward into the west field . . . and got brought down, also apparently, judging from the results, by what was probably a pack of coyotes. It's mating season, they're absolutely feral then, and they've been around. The dogs were agitated by them Sunday night. And Monday, they scent of what was left summoned them through the fence; Wings follows them and found it. He's taken care of the remains, but it breaks my heart. And all for nothing, except a bunch of cops playing around at high speeds shining spotlights all over where they didn't belong.

So my mind is tired, my body is tired, both are sore, and still, I need to bring in one sale a week to break even. All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now (and subscriptions, if you're looking for that; I'll have more on that to come in the next few weeks, hopefully with some changes):

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priority right now is the liquid soaps, any fragrance);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site (and there will be more to come for Valentine's Day), so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.      

No comments :

Post a Comment