Monday, July 24, 2017

It's all a mess. Sales and shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

The events of the last two weeks have wiped me out completely — physically, mentally, emotionally. I've been worse than useless all day; the fatigue is so bad that I feel like I do when I'm on the threshold of a mono relapse, including all the other symptoms besides the exhaustion. Maybe I am. The daily all-out push is wearing me really thin (except not, you know, on my hips or anything useful like that).

We found out today that Home Depot fucked up our whole order completely. They were apparently going to deliver it Friday, but the people who followed up after the service rep scheduled it apparently didn't. Follow up, that is. And so it was never on a truck in the first place. Today was Day 4 of waiting, and we found out around 10:30 AM that it was still in the fucking dock. The earliest they can get it here is Wednesday. 

Then the electrician showed up and demanded a grand (2/3 of the second half of the total). The rest of the lighting fixtures are being ordered, some on backorder, and he's up in here trying to push me to buy others sooner elsewhere, and I. AM. NOT. HAVING IT. I am sick unto death of men talking over me, dismissing me, thinking they know better than I do, trying to control what I do or say or the choices I make or erase and rewrite my life experience. [Not a syllable of that, BTW, refers to Wings. Plenty of other men, though, and every last one of them can take a flying you-know-what at this point.] The next guy who mansplains anything to me about any of this process (or anything else) gets tossed out on his ear with an invitation never to return.

And we are in a bind, because the septic system is just an ongoing disaster, and we paid out a huge chunk of our cash on hand to get it functional. They will fix it. But for now, our reserves are dwindling fast, and there's a long, LONG way to go. [BTW, on that septic system? I took a good long look at all of it over the weekend. A year ago, they dug literally an inch from where they dug in June and hit groundwater less than a yard down. That whole rerouted spring and change in the water table? It all happened sometime between last August and now.] But whatever; there's nothing we can do about it except work around, which is costing us several fortunes at this point. So we need sales. And we need shares of our wishlist. And we'll need giftcards for Home Depot and Lowe's, or we will not be able to finish off the interior and move in this year. So here are the links:

  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's cards via the company site; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
Now I think I need to go be cranky by myself. I'm way past exhausted, and I'm not fit company for anyone.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment