Sunday, July 16, 2017

Tomorrow will be a zoo. Up half the night, and at it by 5 AM for me.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

That white sheeting? That's the nylon mesh, which should have gone on the walls the first time around. Yeah, I'm still spitting nails over that. Fortunately, Sherm and his crew are correcting it.

And they will be here first thing in the morning, as in 7 AM, an hour and a half before our usual start time, to get cracking on the front exterior wall (which means I'll be up and working by 5). They need to beat the heat, which means beating the sun, basically, before it gets high enough to be over both mountain and arbor and sucking all the water out of the clay.

Our regular crew will be back, too; Floyd may be over to seal the upstairs tile late in the day, once the rain starts and knocks him and his crew off their other (outdoor) job; the plumbers may or may not be back, and right now I'm really hoping not because every time they show up, it's one more damn thing that costs a fortune; River will be here to work; the horse will be here at midday; and we have other people coming. It'll be a freaking zoo, in other words, all day long, so don't be surprised if you don't see much of me.
In the meantime, we have to get the upstairs plumbing fixtures installed and doors on, and we need to get a water heater installed, and we have to do it fast. That mostly means Home Depot or Lowe's, and the former seems to have a better selection, so the cards will help very much right now. So here are all those links:
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's cards via the company site; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
We may get more rain tonight (we got more last night, a lot, plus flooding from the water off the main ditch thanks to subsidence). I also have to go get the chicks in, since Wings opened up the back area off the coop as a run for them today, and then I have a lot more work to do before I can sleep (well, try to sleep, anyway). For now, as I said last night, many thanks, profound gratitude to some of ya'll who keep me sane, and much love.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment