Sunday, July 30, 2017

Torrential rains, flash flood watches, and a long, long way to go. Shares still needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Yes, I'm using that photo again, partly as a placeholder and partly because I just love it, dammit. I had intended to show something different, but I didn't get into the house to get shots, and now it's all torrential rains out there. We're under a flash flood watch until at least tomorrow morning, with warnings that it could turn very rapidly to, well, a flash flood warning. The wind keeps shifting, 180 degrees in the blink of an eye, so it could move out very fast, or we could be here a while.

Yes, all this rain is ultimately good for the land, but it also means that nothing will get done on the septic system this week. On the plus side, it may mean that Floyd and Gary are rained out and can work here; on the minus side, I'm way behind, because I haven't been able to spend time sorting through tile to weed out all the cracked and broken ones. That may mean that I'm nose to the grindstone on that all day long tomorrow, rain or no.

This is going to be another fraught week. As I've been saying, repeatedly, too much to do, too little time, too few resources, as always. And still, everything's got to get done, on the house and otherwise. There's also a lot of expense yet remaining, and given what the labor is going to run us, we need to save on materials wherever we can. So: shares of Wings's site for sale, and shares of our wishlist for Lowe's and Home Depot cards. the latter are not actually on the Amazon wishlist (they're only available direct from the company), but the link is below along with the others, so please share them all:
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
Right now, the weather shows no signs of letting up. This may man that we lose all Internet access; our cell signal is already useless, and has been for about an hour. Fingers crossed that I can get online tomorrow morning; if you don't see me, you know why.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment