Saturday, July 29, 2017

No tilework for another week. Other delays, too, including rain. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Well, I didn't get back to tile sorting today. That up there is what we're dealing with, but too many other things got in the way today. It's supposed to rain most of tomorrow, so maybe Wings and I can sit down and haul through the rest of the pallets together. It's a huge amount of work, because each case only holds five per, and "case" is me being absurdly generous with the label. Those plastic ties that have to be cut apart? That's all that holds them together — no staples, no glue, no nothing — and so I have to tape them all up thoroughly each time I go through/refill one. 

Too much to do, too little time, too few resources, as always. It seems that I misunderstood, and Floyd and Gary's current job is running overtime, so it looks like it'll be week after next before they get out here. And still, everything's got to get done, on the house and otherwise. And as I said last night, there's also a lot of expense yet remaining, and given what the labor is going to run us, we need to save on materials wherever we can. So: shares of Wings's site for sale, and shares of our wishlist for Lowe's and Home Depot cards. the latter are not actually on the Amazon wishlist (they're only available direct from the company), but the link is below along with the others, so please share them all:
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
And also as last night, I have a lot more to get done tonight, and more rain looks to be on the way, so I need to get at it.  Thanks, everybody.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment