Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A little rain and a new bird. Subscribers, sales, and shares still needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

At long, LONG last, we got some rain last night. We thought we might have a twister beforehand, too, but fortunately, the weather spun itself out and settled down to a nice, soft, soaking rain for a couple of hours, with some periods of sprinkles thereafter. There's a possibility of more today, and I hope this means that our monsoon season is going to producing early and often.

Even this small amount of moisture has made the earth here spring back to life. Everything's a little greener, a little brighter; the honeysuckle began to bloom this morning. And apparently, the winds washed this little one up here, and it's been happily playing hide-and-seek among the red willows on the west side of the house. As nearly as I can tell, the new bird is an orange-crowned warbler, one only known to make its way here in summer or during migration. "Known" being theoretical; neither of us has ever seen one here before, as far as we can remember. You'll have to click on the image to get a half-way decent look; enlarge it and you'll see the details and color better.

Speaking of new birds and making it rain, my first monthly goal for my Patreon is fully funded on a NET basis! (And thank you, thank you, to the person who made it possible.) That's about a tenth of one hospital bill (not said hospital's doctor's bills, just the overnight stay and so forth) that I can pay out on June 5th or so. Still, it's sales and Patreon subscribers that keep us going (and keep me paying down this massive medical debt load). I've put a hold on any more testing (no matter how much I need it, and I do, desperately, but it's expensive) until I get some of this paid off, because the stress of that hanging over my head is killing me as surely as anything else. So please continue to share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; something over $300 for Wings last week, to say nothing of all my own);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it (at the moment, again, that which falls into the "general work" category has to come first). Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too. This week is not starting off auspiciously for getting caught up, but I'm doing my best.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment