Monday, May 21, 2018

Storms within storms. Patreon subscribers, sales, and shares still very much needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Storms within storms, and still no real rain. We've had maybe two dozen drops, although there is a very fine dusting of snow on one of the distant peaks, a product of what just passed over it. It remains to be seen whether all the black clouds on all sides, all the sound and fury of the wind, add up to anything more than noise. We are fast becoming screwed for the year if we don't get real rain soon.

I am way, WAY behind on everything right now. EVERYTHING. Three nights ago, I woke up several times with bad episodes, my breathing having repeatedly stopped (yes, that's a thing, and no, it's not sleep apnea, at least the way you're thinking; it's related directly to whatever still-nameless thing this is, and it's definitively not that). The upshot is that I've been sleeping with O2 on constantly, which means very little sleep at all. Add in the tree pollen and also whatever it is that I did to my right shoulder and neck along with my left hip, and my pain levels are through the roof (which also means no sleep). In actuality, I may not have "done" anything; it may just be a progression in my autoimmune disease, in which case I'm screwed if it's not something that will go back into remission. So focus is hard come by these days, along with time and other resources. Storms within storms on these fronts, too, and they're still not making it rain.

So, as I've said, the underlying dynamics remain unchanged, including my health issues and the correlating stresses. Sales and Patreon subscribers keep us going (and keep me paying down this massive medical debt load). Speaking of my Patreon, I uploaded a new subscribers-only post two nights ago, here. I've got several more new ones in the works, but what I said up there about time? It's a thing. On another but related front, my first goal is reached: I got that last subscriber (thank you, thank you!) at the $10/month level to hit my minimum goal. In actuality, of course, that's only on paper; I really need about $100 more in subscriptions, because at the $1,000 level, I lose about $100 in fees. So I'm adding in a request for folks please to continue to share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; something over $300 for Wings last week, to say nothing of all my own);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it (at the moment, again, that which falls into the "general work" category has to come first). Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too. This week is not starting off auspiciously for getting caught up, but I'm doing my best.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment