Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Summer is finally showing itself, but tourism/sales are way down. Sales, subscribers, and shares all badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

That was one of the last aspens to leaf out, just within the last couple of weeks. It's finally starting to look summery around here. Now I just need time (and cooperative joints) to get the gardens planted.

A ton of stuff going on here today, all ordinary, but enough to leave me pressed for time, so the rest is mostly cut-and-paste.

I posted Wings's new Warrior Woman pins last night. One is already spoken for, but the other (gorgeous lapis) is still available. Just like the new rings (scroll down a few posts), it would do us a great deal of good to be able to sell everything new (and the existing inventory, too, of course). The holiday weekend was decidedly low on sales (the Warrior Woman being the only one), which means that I'll be chasing sales all of this week, given that this past week saw a truly massive (for us, at least) outlay on medical bills. It barely put a dent in the total, too. After I added it all up, it turns out the total was more than $30K. Three small ones are paid off; four more are reduced to $2K or less apiece; and the three hospital bills?  They total somewhere upward of $23K still. And I still can't schedule the next round of tests. Ideally, I'd like to pull in enough to pay off those $2K or less ones over the next couple of weeks, which (without pulling the bills; just adding in my head) amounts to around $3,500 total, give or take. 

So. We need to make sales. Current goal is that $3,500, so if I could double my Patreon subscription total, that would bring that number down to $1,500-ish. In addition to these two, Wings has several new things in the works; the problem is cadging studio time. But we also need to sell our current inventory, because it's sales and Patreon subscribers that keep us going (and keep me paying down this massive medical debt load). I really need to double my Pateon subscription totals to cover this, because as I've said above, I've put a hold on any more testing (no matter how much I need it, and I do, desperately, but it's expensive) until I get some of this paid off, because the stress of that hanging over my head is killing me as surely as anything else. No, I'm not going to schedule it until I've got the collectors off my back at least somewhat; that round will be cash on the barrelhead, four figures right up front before they'll even handle my intake form, and there's just no way. My next Patreon goal is doubling it, and May subscriptions are billed day after tomorrow, so please continue to share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; something over $300 for Wings last week, to say nothing of all my own);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it (and yes, at the moment, again, that which falls into the "general work" category has to come first). Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too. I'm going to be late with everything, because just breathing is taking up so much time and effort these days that it puts me even more behind than I already am.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment