Friday, May 11, 2018

More tricksters getting taken care of. And subscribers, sales, and shares very badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

So, it was this girl's turn today. [Click on the photo, and you'll see why we call her Blue instead of Red.] It's been . . . interesting.

The vet called just before nine to remind us about Blue and picking up Coyote and Crow between nine and noon. We told them we'd be coming without Blue, because she hadn't been around all morning, but that we were heading out the door to pick up the other two. I walked outside, and there she was, sitting on the berm at full attention, just like in the photo. So we snagged her, called back to say we'd be bringing her after all, and headed for the vet with yet another terrified and trembling dog.

Turns out she's older than we thought, and already spayed; there was no seeing her scar until she was on her back on the exam table under those bright lights, but it's definitely there. So we were going to settle for shots and a steroid injection to help the horrible inflammation she gets inside her hind legs, but the vet tech noticed a broken tooth. The vet offered to swap out the spay for the anesthesia and extraction (which became two extractions, top and bottom broken directly opposite each other) straight up. My experience has always been that dental is by far the more expensive, so it was a good deal. We go pick her up in a few minutes.

Meanwhile, the rescue person brought the trap crate, and we'll try to get Cricket somehow. It'll take the weekend to familiarize him with it, at a minimum. Meanwhile, the two little tricksters, greased piglets that they are, pulled a getaway routine, so we had to go get them, and I'm wiped.  The rest is cut and paste, because I have nothing left in the tank.

I can't emphasize this enough; we need to bring in more scratch. We need to make sales; I need to bring in enough beyond that to free up Wings's studio time, of which he's had almost none for months now. I need subscribers to make this work, and I'm nowhere near hitting my first-level goal. It's not going to happen without help. I need folks to share the links. Not many times a day, just, you know, once every day or so. Endorsements and testimonials to the folks in your circles help, too. But I am at the end of my rope on the bills, and the pressure that has been sitting camped out in my chest since early November is now threatening to suffocate me completely. I mean that in literal terms, not figurative ones; the stress is aggravating my health so badly that the pain is a tangible thing. So please, please share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; another almost $400 for Wings this week);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, as well as labor of a more physical sort, and I have to get back on it. Much gratitude to all of you, and please continue to share the links.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment